[access-uk] Re: new SD card says it's right protected?

Hi Jonathan, currently tried it on USB AND CARD READER WITHOUT SUCCESS! Using Vista with jaws 11, I use it to keep personal docs from prying eyes! It is all but clear of data so will just bin it and try something else! Thanks anyway! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan" <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:05 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: new SD card says it's right protected?

What are you using? Windows? Mac? And which version?

How are you connecting the card? Within a device, via a USB cable? Or
with a card reader?

What are you trying to use it for? Is it in a mobile?

The thing is that micro-SD doesn't have the write-protect switch, so
it wouldn't be something physical like that.

Have you tried formatting it or scanning for errors?

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Alistair <alistair.kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks, just bought a micro sd card and after a few uses it is now
reporting that it is right protected and now not even showing as a volume in the list of drives, anything I can do about this? It's only a 4GB card so no
great loss but I just wondered if there were a means to reverse the
situation, thanks!

Alistair

not certain I would have the know how to do such a thing?