[access-uk] Re: network card and xp

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 00:18:54 -0000

Hi Keith,

Very briefly, if XP isn't detecting the NIC in the system (it should do
by default unless it shows up as unknown), get the latest Intel chipset
drivers, and if this doesn't fix it then dl the latest nic drivers from
the mobo manufacturer.  If you know the chipset, and it is an Intel
chipset, then get the whole shebang from Intel.  The router will assign
an IP address (it should be the same as on the original system as the
MAC will be the same if it's the same card) and you should be able to
play immidiately.

Andrew.