[access-uk] Re: my diskgo flash drive problems

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 07:06:38 -0000

Hi Martin,

This message gets a bit vague at the end, you say after messing about with
device manager and control panel, very informative that <Smile>.  What I
advise you to do is this:-

1.  Plug in your Diskgo drive.

2.  If it is not recognised, reboot the PC, and plug in again, but get to
the point where it is recognised.

3.  Now go into device manager, and instead of just messing about <Smile>,
open Universal Serial Bus, and look for USB Mass Storage Device, and look at
properties.  If it relates to your Drive G:, then come out of properties,
and hit delete on it, to uninstall the device.  Say OK, and your Diskgo
should be automatically disconnected after a few seconds.

3.  This next step is not really necessary, but I do it anyway, and that is
to restart the PC.

4.  Now plug in your drive again, and it should be recognised.

I have seen this happen where the device driver only gets part installed.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk