[access-uk] Re: music shairing program

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:02:34 -0000

It is fast becoming the case that the only way to sell CDs and make money is
via warehouse either within UK or just off shore where tax breaks allow a
keener price.  Only the big players can afford their own in store sites and
give the consumer the price they want.

It depends a little on what you are into, but I regularly use www.101cd.com and
have done for some years which certainly brings my stack of CDs close to if not
actually "to be reckoned with" status.  The site is reasonably accessible and
if you like a rumage in back catalogue you can find exceptionally cheap CDs
(and DVDs).  Current chart stuff will never be exactly cheap because it's about
near immediate return on investment, but back catalogue you can get CDs for as
little as £4.  If you have the kit you'll also find SACD titles as well.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support