[access-uk] Re: more broadband servers?

Tristram, thanks for this. option 7 other users opinions would be very helpful.
Billy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tristram Llewellyn
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 9:59 AM
  Subject: [access-uk] Re: more broadband servers?

  It would be best to analyse according to some quantifiable criteria and work
your way to the less tangible, something like:
  1    Upper price limit monthly cost.
  2    What kind of customer, light user email and surfing, or big
downloader/gamer the more you download the more it generally costs in relation
to above monthly factor.
  3    Cost of connection/equipment, if not provided in the price.
  4    Your need for support or help with setup, some will have local rate
phone support others higher rate.  Some will do a home installation.
  5    Do they provide POP3 email, given screen reading webmail can be tiresome
it would be best to have POP3 email, some basic broadband does not include this.
  6    Does the service require you to install new software or alter your
existing software.  Some broadband providers are known to require this.  AOL is
best known for requring their own software be used whilst BT/Yahoo make changes
to your Internet Explorer which has been known to cause some screen reader
issues.
  7    Other users opinions.

  Regards.

  Tristram Llewellyn