[access-uk] Re: mobile phhone fraud

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 08:11:34 +0100

Hi Jackie,

Actually, it is not a hoax.  If you actually do press the hash key, or the
codes they ask you to press, then the culprit can take all the information
from your Sim card.  Just answering the call is not enough, but if you start
pressing the numbers they tell you to, then they can grab your contacts, and
even use your card for unsolicited calls, racking you up a fine phone bill.

All the best

Steve