[access-uk] minidisk versus cassette

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:51:01 -0000

Hi all.

Just managed to secure a job after almost four years unemployed. Now considering options for recording interviews, home visits, supervision sessions etc.

I used to use a small hand cassette recorder to record interviews and then type this information up in my computer. I now have a Sony minidisk and although this has a much better quality of recording, it is difficult to manipulate the recording afterwards, e.g, pausing, rewinding etc. Cassette recorders with piano key controls are much easier but as I said the quality is poorer.

I'd also like the option to saving audio recordings on my computer for future use, so minidisk sounds my best option. However, I have only been able to transfer information via the Line-in feature of my sound card and this is very time consuming.

Can anyone advise me of which device would be most suitable for me, e.g, cassette recorder, minidisk recorder or mp3 recorder? Any additional information concerning makes and models would also be very appreciated.

Best wishes. Andy from sunny Kilcreggan.

Drop me a wee line at:
andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a message, to ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq