[access-uk] Re: microwave oven query

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:18:47 -0000

Am thinking that an old fashioned cheapo 30 quid model should suit your
needs well. No digital stuff, no touch screen buttons, just two twisty
turny dials on the front.

We've just had to throw out our old talking microwave because it broke.

Our new 30 quid replacement microwave has just two dials on it: one for
time and one for power level.

If you get yourself a sightie and some bump ons, or some braille sticky
things, you can just label up the outside edge of the two dials so that
you can easily set power and know where you are with the time.

There are about 5 power settings: high, medium, defrost etc. easily
labeled.

Then I suggest you mark up 1 2 3 4 and 5 minutes on the timer, Then 10
and 15. You can do anything with this.