[access-uk] Re: looking for a accessible PDF reader, not adobe.

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 21:37:11 +0100

Hi Ray,

Trouble with cut and paste from PDF is particularly with Window-Eyes, =
not so
much with JAWS, you lose all formatting.  All blank lines go out the =
window,
because you are in browse mode.  Not to be recommended if you want some =
idea
of paragraphing.=20

All the best
--
Computer Room Services: =20
the long cane for blind computer users.
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf =
Of
Andy Collins

Hi all - on the subject of PDF and Adobe, I am needing to read quite a =
large
PDF file, and will be installing Adobe 8 on this machine to do it. Can
anybody give me some tips as to which settings etc need to be changed =
for it
to read well with JFW [6.20], or better still, how to convert it to a =
word
document for easy navigation? Thanks - Andy