[access-uk] Re: linux for the blind

  • From: "James & Nash" <james.austin1984@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 17:05:27 +0000

Hi ari,

I have not used Vinux myself, although I think there is a command line version
and a graphical one. I have used Ubuntu though and Orca comes pre-installed
with that. You can get it from:
www.ubuntu.com

You are right, the E-Speak voice is really rubish, but the updaide is that they
can support about 50 foreign languages out of the box. You can also purchase
the Voxin voices and if you Google them you'll find them. They are only 5 Euros
and they sound very much like Eliquence.

Hope this helps
TC
James, Lyn, Nash & Twinny