[access-uk] linux for the blind

Hi all
Is it worth trying to use Vinux? What can a person do with it, like can you use the Office and browse yet? I remember a few years ago I was excited about trying linux, and someone helped me partition my harddrive and install Red Hat with a screen reader called Gnopernicus, and then after that another one called Orca, but, first the voices were really rubbish, and second you couldn't hardly do anything. It was so pathetic that we couldn't even get Gnopernicus to read it's own manual in the web browser. I just gave up on linux after that, but am curious to look at it again.
Thanks
Ari