[access-uk] Re: link to firmware upgrade for DM5

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 08:56:51 +0100

The Daisy Bible has four levels of navigation at book, chapter, section of chapter and verse. Verses arre at phrase level.

Iain
-----Original Message----- From: john coley
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 7:42 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: link to firmware upgrade for DM5

Gordon, the answer to all those questions is no. All you can do is move from
section to section. In the case of a book consisting of chapters that would
be chapter, but how it would cope with the bible is anyone's guess. It
certainly isn't possible to locate a verse with arrow keys, nor would it
ever be. At best the daisy facility on the DM5, even if working correctly is
a lot more basic than something like the victor stream.
 I haven't yet managed to get it to set and navigate to a bookmark.
Although I've followed Olympus's instructions to the letter I can't get it
to go to a bookmark, only the beginning of a section containing one.
 As for voice files navigation is even worse. It would be good if it were
possible to use forward and back arrows to skip through an audio file, but
sadly it isn't.
 It's just a case of keeping pressure up on Olympus.
                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>