[access-uk] Re: link to firmware upgrade for DM5

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 22:40:18 +0100

Hi Adrien, copy daisy books into the daisy folder. The daisy facility isn't fit for purpose though. It will play books, and you can navigate by section, which will generally mean chapter, but it won't start where you stop it, and you can't put bookmarks in. I've gone over and over this with olympus, and in one of their emails they asked me if the word bookmark was highlighted on the display. I said I didn't know, as I was a blind person, and suggested to them that if it was necessary to look at the display for any of its operation, certainly something as simple as creating a bookmark it wasn't suitable for blind people, which is how it's been marketed. Mark and Paul in the RNIB high tech team have found that if you put a daisy book into audio book instead of daisy it operates more as a daisy book should. If you have any problems playing daisy books let me know and I'll put you in touch with the person I'm in touch with at Olympus. You could also drop the RNIB a line about it. They are aware of daisy problems.

 Glad you've installed the firmware ok.
                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>