From: "Long, Alison" <Alison.Long@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 2:17 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: laundry labels for penfriend

Hi All,
Hopefully I can clarify a few things.  The labels use a marine grade
adhesive, which will deterioriate over time (as do most adhesives).  The
use within 6 months, is once you've opened the pack.    Test labels have
survived over 100 washes over several months, so our claim of 50 plus
washes is a bit on the pessimistic side. Saying this, there are a number
of variables in the mix, what you adhere the labels to, detergent used
and temperature of wash.

As I've posted many times, we could have delivered a sew in solution
around the time we launched PenFriend, but the feedback we received was
that customers really don't want to sew anymore and an iron on or stick
on option was preferred.    Iron on  needs a woven material that just
didn't hold the code.  The code won't deteriorate with washing.

They are more expensive per label than the standard labels, but still a
lot cheaper than the RFID laundry options.  We will introduce some more
laundry packs early next year, and I'm really keen to hear from
customers on how many packs they are likely to use/need and how they are
using them.

Regards
Alison

Alison Long