[access-uk] Re: large font mobile phone

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:27:12 +0100

Hi Graham,

Neither am I a magnification expert, but I would have thought that if you
set Zooms to distributed view instead of full screen, it would avoid what
you are talking about.  There are also lots of other options you can try in
Zooms.  Sometimes I find people looking at the default settings, saying they
can't see all of the screen, and therefore assuming that magnification is no
good.  Like Talks, there are many options you can tweak in Zooms.  Why you
can even invert the colours, so if the phone is black on white, and you
prefer white on black, you can flip it.  You can even set the scroll speed
if the letters are too biig, and you can even autofit and many other things
like that.

It looks to me, though again I can't comment from experience, that Zooms
does a lot more than at first meets the eye.

All the best
Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
International:  +44(0)1438 742286,
Fax:  +44(0)1438 759589