[access-uk] Re: laptop help please!

  • From: Andrew Summers <asummers14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:09:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
Try this:

Andrew Summers

Laptop Keystrokes for Cursors and Mouse Simulation

Laptop Keystrokes for Cursors and Mouse Simulation

Table with 2 columns and 17 rows

Description

Command

PC Cursor

CAPS LOCK+SEMICOLON

JAWS Cursor

CAPS LOCK+P

Invisible Cursor

CAPS LOCK+P twice quickly

Route PC Cursor to JAWS Cursor

CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE

Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor

CAPS LOCK+LEFT BRACKET

Restrict JAWS Cursor

CAPS LOCK+R

Left Mouse Button

CAPS LOCK+8

Right Mouse Button

CAPS LOCK+9

Left Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+8

Right Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+9

Drag and Drop

CAPS LOCK+CTRL+8

Say Active Cursor

ALT+DELETE

Mouse Down

ALT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW

Mouse Left

ALT+SHIFT+LEFT ARROW

Mouse Right

ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW

Mouse Up

ALT+SHIFT+UP ARROW

Additional Notes on Laptop Keystrokes for Cursors and
Mouse Simulation

Additional Notes on Laptop Keystrokes for Cursors and
Mouse Simulation

Route PC Cursor to JAWS Cursor (CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE)

This keystroke moves the PC Cursor to the location of
the JAWS Cursor. This keystroke has no effect if the
JAWS Cursor is in a part of the application that
will not support the PC Cursor.

Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor (CAPS LOCK+LEFT
BRACKET)

This keystroke moves the JAWS Cursor to the location
of the PC Cursor. If the Invisible Cursor is active
when this keystroke is used, the Invisible Cursor
is moved to the location of the PC Cursor.

Left Mouse Button (CAPS LOCK+8)

This keystroke simulates a single left mouse button
click. Press the keystroke twice quickly to simulate a
left mouse button double click.

Right Mouse Button (CAPS LOCK+9)

This keystroke simulates a single right mouse button
click. Press the keystroke twice quickly to simulate a
right mouse button double click.

Left Mouse Button Lock (CTRL+8)

This keystroke simulates pressing down the left mouse
button and holding it. Once pressed, the JAWS cursor
can be moved with the ARROW keys. JAWS will not
speak until CTRL+8 is pressed again to unlock the left
mouse button. This keystroke can be used to drag items
from one location and drop them in another.

Right Mouse Button Lock (CTRL+9)

This keystroke simulates pressing down the right mouse
button and holding it. Once pressed, the JAWS cursor
can be moved with the ARROW keys. JAWS will
not speak until CTRL+9 is pressed again to unlock the
right mouse button. This keystroke can be used to drag
items from one location and drop them in another.
When the keystroke is pressed a second time to unlock
the right mouse button, a menu may appear with options
such as Copy Here, Move Here, and Create Shortcut
Here.

Drag and Drop (CAPS LOCK+CTRL+8)

This keystroke is used to drag items from one location
and drop them in another. Position the JAWS Cursor on
the item you wish to move and press CAPS LOCK+CTRL+8.
You can leave the JAWS Cursor active, or you can
switch to the PC Cursor. JAWS keeps speaking as you
navigate. Once you have positioned the JAWS or PC
Cursor in the location to which you would like to move
the item, press CAPS LOCK+CTRL+8 again, and the item
is moved to the position of the active cursor.

Note: The original position of what you are dragging,
and the location to which you are moving it must both
be visible on the screen when you press CAPS
LOCK+CTRL+8 the second time or the drag and drop will
not work.