[access-uk] laptop back packs

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:17:18 +0100

Hi

I cannot be the only person who has come across this situation.

Basically, I am looking for quite a large back pack for carrying computer equipment with me. Specifically, I want this to be a bag specifically designed to carry computer equipment in.

I have purchased bags from PC World particularly, however I find that they either are not large enough to carry all the equipment I have, or they just cannot take the heavy weight of the equipment and are not good within a short period of time.

I know the word large is relative, and this is in part the difficulty. I have a laptop computer, a pac mate with 40 cell Braille display, so that's the equivalent of two laptops before we begin with other equipment, cables, and so on.

My questions are whether or not anyone has any good web site recommendations for purchasing such items? I have naturally searched on Google, but recommendations from other visually impaired people are always good. Failing that, if anyone can recommend any specific stores in the north west of England where I may be able to look at them, this maybe better.

Thanks for any help.

Brian Hartgen

MSN:  brian@xxxxxxxxxxx
SKYPE:  brianhartgen