[access-uk] lakelands catalogue

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:09:09 +0100

Hi all
I have asked  Lakeland whether they offer a Braille catalogue.
Here is the  reply, do any of you think they are discriminating given that
they do offer print hard copy catalogues and even on tape.

        Thank you for contacting us with a request that we produce our Christmas
catalogue in Braille.   This is not something we are generally asked for,
in fact yours is the only request I am aware of in recent years.

        I notice that you have asked us to e mail you rather than ring, which
suggests to me that you have Braille reading facilities on your PC.
Although
 our current website does not provide these facilities, our new website
which
goes live in the middle of September will be Braille compatible.

        All our catalogues feature on our website, including our Christmas ones.
This will be the best way for you to access our products as catalogues
quickly
become out of date whereas our website is constantly updated and can give
you
instant information on stock availability.

        With kind regards.

        Yours sincerely,
        Elaine Greenwood
        Director of Marketing.