[access-uk] Re: lake lands catalogue

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:31:32 +0100

Hi James
>But what is the situation for the many blind people who don't have Internet
>access?

Good question.
But even for those that do have internet access doesn't always
follow *everyone* feels able to use internet shopping.

I  think we are into same issues for access to books.

Why  should a publisher make its  books available on tape, and in Braille
given that it could be argued:  "use a scanner"

And,  turning to a point from Ian,  why has nobody on this this list
 taken court action  about books not  available in prfered format?
Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx