[access-uk] Re: jaws version please?

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 01:47:51 -0000

Hi Andy.

Without knowing what is coming up on screen or what the laptop is doing, its impossible to say. If you can get a pair of eyes and check whether your laptop is booting to the desktop or whether there are any open dialog boxes with error messages in that would help. This problem is usually associated with the Video Intercept component of jaws not installing correctly causing jaws to be unable to build an off screen model though I'm not sure whether this applies to windows 7 or not since I've never encountered this problem before on that OS.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: BlueNose
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 9:46 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: jaws version please?

Hello again Ibby, wonder if you have ever came across this problem. I have
downloaded the jaws11.0.1.4.6 64 bit version, and installed it on the new
laptop.
The software seems to have installed all right, but after a reboot, I'm
getting the following:
No window is active, press windows key plus m to go to the desktop.
When you do just this, nothing happens. Jaws just keeps on repeating the
above message.
And this includes trying tab, or any menu keys, and jaws does not read
anything on the desktop using the arrow keys.
This recent Issue is really annoying indeed. Can you please shed some light
on this matter,

Billy