To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:46 PM
Subject: [access-uk] jaws authorisation on netbook again

Hi there. Thanks for previous thoughts on this but it seems I am still unable to authorise my copy of jaws on my new Samsung NC10.

I so far deliberately haven't taken advantage of the Mcafee offer and the mcafee window remains open.

I've tapped my 20 character jaws code into the correct edit field and I'm being told 'please wait'. Though it warns me it may take several minutes, 10 minutes go past without any change. So I guess that I haven't connected with the Freedom Scientific servers and certainly the project is not registered yet.

Note that I've not had a mcafee window popup to tell me that jaws wants access to the internet. And I've had my jaws updated today to make sure I have enough lives left.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Also, weirdly, I can't ever seem to close down the jaws activation window with an alt f4.

I understand there is a way of having an email sent that will authorise jaws for me. Does anyone know anything about this? Will it need to access the freedom scientific servers because this seems a bhit of an issue for me.

Thanks v much. Oh and this is the first ever email sent by netbook from me. How exciting!

...Damon