[access-uk] Re: jaws and windows 7

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:21:21 -0000

Dear Terry and others trying JAWS with Windows 7.0.  There is
significant re-organising of the taskbar and what used to be variously
described as the nofication area/system tray.  It is likely that JAWS
just doesn't work there yet, in fact I already know it won't.  Even when
JAWS is suitably adapted many users will find there is nothing actually
in there to find which may again be interpretted as a JAWS bug, however
this will be by design because Microsoft have chosen by default to hide
everything in your system tray even though it may still actally be
running.  This means that your system could be fully loaded with startup
programs but Windows still hides the evidence of this until you really
go hunting.