[access-uk] Re: japanise fonts

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <ptrholdstock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 09:46:12 -0000

Hi, I've been using the Rocket Languages website which is an excellent course and has lots of audio and other content. I'm finding though that the tests to check progress and the games aren't very helpful as much of the test contains graphics for things such as food menus and you have to pick answers according to what's on the menu but I can't read it as it's a graphic. That said, the developers have been really helpful in improving accessibility over the past year so if I mention the problem I'm sure they will fix it. Then I just use google to find dozens of pages on learning Japanese. But I've given up on the reading and writing side as it's complicated I find with JAWS but it must be possible since there are lots of blind Japanese people out there.

What's the game you found? Could you send a link please?

Any other blind people on the list wanting to learn Japanese or another language. I might set up a list for such resources for any language if people think it could be useful.

Peter

-----Original Message----- From: william lomas
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 9:30 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: japanise fonts

it quite complicated stuff in it a lot of text. how are you learning it, any resources? want to start learning it i like the language but need the computer to display it right, of course

Hi, I'm busy learning Japanese. Is it a game that might be useful to me as accessible audio games to support my Japanese Learning are hard to find. Any advice or help you can give would be appreciated.

Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 8:07 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Japanese fonts

hi to all

does anyone know if on a netbook running windows 7 starter or indeed on home premium, can I get Japanese fonts? found a Japanese audiogame and i have real speak jaws voice for this language but it appears not the fonts as weven when I select the voice it not reading right. ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-