[access-uk] Re: is there an easy way to do podcasts?

  • From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 15:50:43 +0100

Damon,

Your friend could always take a look at Libsyn:

www.libsyn.com

All you have to do is to create your podcast, upload it to an FTP site and
then publish it.  The feed is created automatically for you.

It isn't free, but the cheapest package is only five US dollars a month,
payable by Paypal, which gives you 100 mb of space to upload to.  When a
podcast has been on the site for 30 days, it is automatically archived and
you get the space back so that you can load something else up to it,
although people can still download the archived files.

I use Libsyn with Jaws and find it extremely accessible, all except for the
stats page where you can find out how many people have listened to your
podcast.  I can't make head or tail of that, although admittedly I haven't
tried for a few months after being totally baffled by it, so they just might
have made some improvements.

HTH,

Caroline.