[access-uk] Re: intruder alarms

  • From: David W Wood <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:39:18 +0100

Derek

the one which I have is similar to the computer numeric keypad layout:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
menu 0 enter

with additional vertical four buttons a b c d
which are used to choose the setting option having been set by the
engineer.

In 6 years, I haven't set it off inadvertently!!!
Others have!!!!!!

I can't recall the make.

You will find that companies have different favourites, but it may be
worth your while going to an electrical wholesaler in order to examine a
few.

David

In message <NEBBIBPIPLHFOCGGILHCGEAIHAAA.derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>, Derek Hornby <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Hi all
>Does anyone have any experience operating an intruder alarm system?
>
>I am wondering how easy they're to set if one is blind visually impaired.
>
>I mean the control panel, are the buttons like a phone,  so one just
>keys in a code  to set,  then another code to turn off, is that right.
>
>Regards,
>Derek
>
>e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx