[access-uk] Re: intruder alarms

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:40:29 +0100

Hi Derek.

We had such a system for a while while at our old house.  We just keyed
in a code to start it, then a code to turn it off when we came in.  If
the system was to go off, we would enter in the code, then press the
reset button which was located on the row beneath the number pad.  All
the setting up was done by an engineer.  The issues we had with the
system was that the system broke down when we came home one evening near
Christmas at around 11:30 P.M, and we hadn't a clue how to set it back
up.

I quite fancy the challenge of setting up a system like this from
scratch, especially as we have the wiring already in place.

Andrew.