[access-uk] Re: identifying foods

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:11:57 -0700

Hi,
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, to my surprise.  There is a talking bar code
scanner called the I.D Mate.  The previous model was called the Omni but there
is one coning to the UK shortly called the Summit.  It is a self contained unit
 with a database of over 2 million products  It costs about £1000 and it one
reseller is the Force Ten Co.

I know many people on list will say there are better and cheaper ways of
labelling and identifying products.  I agree cheaper but better?  That varies
from person to person.  I don't own one but it really would be great to just
identify a product like other sighted people just like that.