To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 9:33 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: identifying foods

Am I right in thinking that even a barcode reader would need to be accompanied by a database for each store and that it's the database that contains information, not the black and white lines of a barcode on the side of food packaging. So though a barcode reader exists to attach to your PC, you'd need Tesco's and ASSDA's and Sainsbury's and Lidl and
Aldi's databases for it to work.