[access-uk] how to install avast free anti virus

hi,

I installed the free version of avast a month ago but now it has run out. it
seems I had only installed the trial version although it said it was the
free version, so how do I install the permanent free version and do I have
to uninstall the current trial first. also will the free version protect the
pc sufficiently with sigate personal fire wall?

thanks, Husna