[access-uk] Re: how many hours can I work?

Hi Will

I think it very much depends on your personal circumstances, benefits etc. I know there are schemes whereby you can come off benefits for several months and be offered a period of grace after which you can get back onto your benefits if the job does not work out. I also know of people who can earn a certain amount, but others who can only work a certain amount of hours. So what one person can do, won't necessarily be what another can do. So the best people to ask are the ones who can give you the answer taking into consideration your situation.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 12:43 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: how many hours can I work?

Hi Will.

I believe you can only have a job for up to 16 hours per week maximum, or be paid a maximum of just under £60 for the work you do without it affecting your benefit. I'm not entirely sure of all the guidelines however, there may be exceptions and certain things like training and other programs which are exempt from this rule, so head on over to the welfare and benefits section on directgov or give your benefits office a ring. You can also call the citizens advice euro confidential advice line or visit their website www.adviceguide.org.uk.

Hope this helps you and good luck with your placement.
----- Original Message ----- From: "william lomas" <lomaswilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>