To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:13 AM
Subject: [access-uk] how many hours can I work?

Hi all,

I have been offered a six month job position to work with Remploy as a graduate internship program.
My query is this:
How long can I work for, per week and still maintain my incapacity benifit and DLA, however I know the DLA will not be affected.

For sighted graduates on the internship programs, they can claim travel costs, and job seekers allowance, does anyone have any ideas, how many hours I can work without receiving payment from the work? Is it sixteen hours? a sighted graduate can work for a company for up to 30 hours a week, but I doubt for a blind candidate this will be possible.
Regards, WIll