[access-uk] Re: how does a friend get to the system tray

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <p.beasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:53:25 +0100

As I said previously, windows key B.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia Fraser" <pfraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:44 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: how does a friend get to the system tray

Hi David,

A V.I. friend has lost speech but has a little sight.

I use JAWS so get to the system tray as expected.

How could she get to it either with keystrokes or mouse - she has some
residual vision.

If JAWS isn't running at all, then she could use the Windows key to pop the Start menu up, and press Esc to pop it down again; then the system cursor is on the Start button. One tab will take her to the QuickLaunch bar, or if that isn't there, to the taskbar; if the Quicklaunch bar is there, two tabs to the task bar - one more tab to the system tray, and then use the arrow keys to get to the right icon.

It's barely visible, though, the system cursor, so it might only work if she counts as she presses the right arrow key - it starts at the leftmost icon.

Cheers,

--
Patricia Fraser
International Sales Manager