[access-uk] Re: hi horse time.

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:23:32 -0000

Only two brief things I can say here Simon.

1.  Always pays to look at more than one source of advice, although I think a
straightforward full list of names of suppliers and contact info should be
provided by someone, especially those who shouldn't have a commercial axe to
grind, i.e. situated in the vol sector.

2.  Along with this, impartial advice, as far as that is really on offer,
should make itclear what a screen reader actually is.  So, is Guide a screen
reader in the propper sense?  I would contend that maybe it isn't.  I believe
it might be described more accurately as a 'self-voicing apllication suite'.
Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Guide software puts
users in a VI friendly environment outside of MS Office, or anyother app that a
screen reader can handle.

All the best.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at