[access-uk] hi horse time.

  • From: "simon.dowling" <simodowl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:48:44 -0000

hi list, just out of interest typed in guide screen reader in to google as I haven't heard of this screen reader before and wanted to find out its features.
now here's the strange part, I will just give 2 examples below and let you judge for your self.
www.keyspell.com claim to be the screen reader experts, aren't they all?
well no mention of window eyes, look out or guide.
and
www.uky.edu/TLC/grants/uk_ed/at_reading.html
don't mention hal/sn look out or guide.
now surely, a person looking for a new screen reader who is new to all this, should have the broadest picture possible?
he/she may be recommended a particular flavour of screen reader but they may not have the funds or the time to invest in say the big three, namely hal jaws and window eyes.
god knows they're all complex for the best of us at times especially when an upgrade is out.
the only good thing I found that the rnib does mention all flavours of what you can get so from an access point of view surely these so called experts should have mandatory links to all possible avenues and not force the consumer down a specific road.
can of worms or what?
Simon
owner of the winMX mailing list.
to join, send a blank email to: