[access-uk] Re: help wanted please, reverting back to an older version of windows explorer

  • From: "julie rodaway" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:59:18 -0000

Hi Ibby

Thanks, this worked fine.
Best wishes, Julie.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 1:09 AM
  Subject: [access-uk] Re: help wanted please, reverting back to an older
version of windows explorer

  Hi Julie.

  If you go in to add/remove programs, you should be able to uninstall Internet
Explorer that way and revert to the previous version.  I cant having not used
XP in a long time remember whether you have to tick a box to show all updates,
but you may well have to do this as IE 8 is considered a critical update and
one which will be pushed on you, since it is the last version of Internet
Explorer to work with XP.  You could also of course upgrade your copy of JAWS
to version 10, which would solve your problem if you have a license for it that
is.

  All the best, Ibrahim.