[access-uk] Re: frustration with tiscali

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:04:26 -0000

Hello  again Husna,

Sorry to say this but I did warn you.

It seems to me, although this may seem to be a perverse way to look at things from the perspective of someone who has not had the Tiscali experience, that it is a feature of Tiscali's policy to put you on the wrong package so that you then have to spend a fortune on ringing their care, advice, complaints lines, etc. Yes, you will wait 15 to 30 minutes a time before anyone answers and then, if they do anything at all, they will just put you on another package but, as happened to me, it is very likely that this second package will again be the wrong one! You've got much more being messed about to contend with before Tiscali get it right--or at least I did!

Even their Supervisors, having apologised for mistakes, then change you onto yet another incorrect package, and so you go round and round spending 10p a minute trying to get someone to pick up the phone at the Tiscali end. No one ever answers to any e-mails you send them either. Additionally, all of the time, you're paying for packages you did not want.

By the way, take some of the expense out of this and go to the www.saynoto0870.co.uk site and you will find some cheaper numbers to ring to get onto many companies, including Tiscali. There are some 0808 (free) numbers for Tiscali Customer Care and Cancellations on their which you can use to bypass some of their expensive standard 084 and 087 numbers.

HTH,
John.

----- Original Message ----- From: <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>