[access-uk] Re: free nationwide bus travel

On the Haven Borough Council transport site at:

http://www.havant.gov.uk/havant-737#future

I found this:

How is the Concessionary Travel Scheme going to change in the future?
From 1st April 2008 the Hampshire scheme will be replaced by a National
Concessionary Travel Scheme. Throughout the autumn we will be meeting with
interested
parties to discuss how we are going to implement the Scheme, and what the
detailed concession will be. Some things we do know already:
List of 6 items
. All current passes will expire at midnight on 31st March 2008 unless an
earlier expiry date is indicated on your existing pass.
. You will be able to make free bus journeys anywhere in England.
. When those journeys are outside of the Borough, the free journeys will
apply between 9.30 a.m. and 11 p.m. Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday,
Sunday
and Bank Holidays.
. The Pass will be in the form of a plastic, credit card sized 'Smartcard'.
. Pass holders will be required to have a new passport-sized photograph
included on the Pass.
. Current passholders will be sent a letter later this summer with a new
application form. Unless this is filled in and returned to us, a new Pass
cannot
be issued.
list end

So, I think your borough is a little behind West Yorkshire.

Barry