[access-uk] Re: format

  • From: "Scott C" <castledine10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 13:09:44 +0100

Thanks mate that's grate thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: George Bell - Email Address: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 22/05/2009 19:39
Sent To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: format

Hi Scott,

If you wish to re-install XP, when you begin the process with the
original XP CD, you are given the option to totally reformat or
Repair.

As important as driver consideration, is saving your own data such as
e-mails, documents, music files, or whatever, which are unique and
personal to you.

Save those, if you wish, to a pen drive, and do not use that pen drive
in the reformatted system until you are 110% certain that the
reformatted system is fully up to date, and has good virus protection
installed and working properly.

George.

From: George Bell - Email Address: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 22/05/2009 17:06
Sent To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address:
access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unfortunately it's not usually simply a case of copying drivers to a
pen drive.  Most drivers are however generally available either from
the manufacturer's web site, or many other sites.

Are you wanting to format the drive and install a new operating
system, or do you simply want to wipe the drive and let someone else
deal with the aftermath?

George.