[access-uk] Re: fitting sound cards?

  • From: Joe Paton <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:06:21 +0100

Hi Billy,
At 11:59 26/06/2005, you wrote:
hi guys, A friend has asked me to help fit a sound card into her computer. I've never did so before, and I would like to know how easy or difficult it is for a blind person to fit a sound card into a PCI slot.

It's not too bad, if you can handle a screw driver,tawk, or nut driver thats all the tools you'll need.

How many cables are there to be fixed onto the card itself ETC.

It depends on the make/model of the card as to what is involved. You'll need to tell us what the card is, but by that time you will have opened the box, and seen what is inside.

What is the computer in question? The type and design of case and chasis will have a bearing on what you have to do.

Keep us posted.

Joe