[access-uk] Re: first day at work placement

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:57:33 +0100

Hi Ray, well, on their system, all they have for things as designing posters
etc. is MS word or PowerPoint.  PowerPoint's not really easy in designing
simple things like posters as, the programme is more geared up to on screen
presentations and fancy brochure productions.  Seems as, for what I"m being
asked to do, the resources seem limited to me.  They all use 14" monitors in
the economic development team.  so bizarre really given what they do.

well, the posters are to promote the Ipswich Borough Council to kids, on the
website called IP-City Kidzone.  While, the other poster is to promote the
IP-City learning centres.  these are drop in places where Ipswich residents
are encouraged to take computer courses, from the completely basic to
qualification level. I've gotta do a leaftlet for that one as well.  I have
no idea on how to produce a leaflet.  Yep, doing anything arty on what I'm
given is a bit a of a struggle.  That's local government for you. they have
the worst of everything , lol.  I think I'll have to encourage them to lead
me away from the poster designing after I've finished these two.

JUstin