[access-uk] Re: fat32 or ntfs

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:41:52 +0100

Thanks Andrew and Peter,
Sorry if my original message was not clear.  The laptop is a Toshiba and
originally had
a single C: - I do not know whether it was FAT32 or NTFS.  The shop asked
whether I
wished it left like that or divided into 2 or more partitions.  I chose to have
a smaller C:
for the OS and applications  and a larger one for my data.  It was only when I
started to
use it that I discovered that C: was FAT32 and D: was NTFS.  I would quite
happily
have purchased an external drive which was either FAT 32 or NTFS until I read
the
messages in this thread.  Little point in having a backup drive if there is a
possibility of
corruption.

Douglas

--