[access-uk] Re: everything I need to know about Firefox

  • From: "JILLIAN GRANT" <jilliangrant1979@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 21:23:31 +0100

I'm not sure what you meant by character recognition, but there is a plugin to
Firefox that will enable capchas to be read by screen readers.

  Capchas are graphics containing text that people have to enter when they're
signing up for accounts on sites such as Facebook, Yahoo, Clickbank etc.  A
plugin to Firefox called WebVisum will read some of them.

    Sorry, think I've seen this being referred to as Character recognition on
some websites.  I Wondered if it only worked with those that had an audio
version, which not all do.

    Thanks for that.
    Jill.