[access-uk] Re: e: Re: Zoomtext users

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:43:19 +0100

Hi Ray,

Well, I can say that the new neospeech is great for the screenreading part. It's so human sounding, almost like the AT&T voices. It actually does not speak out the < and > when reading a newspost or reading out someone elses e-mail to quote them. That's great as, truvoice will always read them out and, it's so annoying. It stops me from reading previously quoted e-mails.
However, neospeech is not entirely clear in prenounciation all the time. Plus, it's such a fine sound that any excess external noise makes it hard for me to hear what its saying. HOwever, it's worth Aisquared keeping this voice package and developing it further.

ZT anounces a lot of what's going on, on screan, it always tells you where you are. Plus, there is the webfinder, that produces a list of links on each webpage. Now. beta 9 executes this better than 8.1 does. It identifies links in webpages quicker then the current full version. There's the desktop finder too. That, with some keyboard short cuts, brings up the list of all what's on the computer, all folders and, you can access my documents and anything that way. I don't use it personally as, I don't see i need this as opposed to the webfinder which, is a lot more helpful to me. There is this new Xfont thingie. All I know is, from what i see on screan that it seems to make the text, any text finer, more defined, emboldened a little, prenounced maybe. NOt sure how to describe it but, it helps to make words on screan more readable. This helps me out initially but, I still have a struggle reading of screan for more than a couple of minutes anyway. However, it's great for small amounts of reading, makes it easier too.

I expect you know about appreader Ray? That was a god send since version 8.0 Docreader was never meant for reading e-mails and webpages. Not much has changed with appreader. It does the job well though. pdf files can mostly be red OK although, dependng on their design depends on how appreader will read them out. I think appreader's ability to read pdf files may have ever so slightly advanced from the 8.1 version when zt could read pdfs. I don't use pdfs much myself so, that's not easy to judge at all.

hope some of this helps Ray

Justin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>