[access-uk] Re: download manager

Carol, Despite what I said in an earlier reply, I now believe that you may be
correct in the suspicions you have about Getright.  I have found reports of
something called "aureate/radiate being found on systems on which
Getright 4 had been installed.   There are in fact removal tools, but there
seems to be a possibility that their use may result in system instability.
i have no idea as to what harm having aureate/radiate on a machine can
do.  None of the tools I have installed (Spysweeper, Spybotsd and Ad-
aware) appear to detect it, so I cannot even be certain that it was  actually
installed with Getright.

I had believed (obviously without justification) that Spyware was only likely
to be a problem with free download managers.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison