[access-uk] Re: digital radio

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 12:02:09 -0000

Satalite radio is one of the newer digital broadcasting mediums in
existance, however it is not very widely used just yet.  Like the name
suggest they make use of a network of geostationary satelites (like Sky
TV) to beam in programs which are then recieved by a specially equipped
radio, including a very small satalite reciever dish.  Most services are
subscription based and I think mainly aimed at North America and
therefore I am not sure those like the BBC are on there.  I have not
personally come accross satalite radio so we need somebodyon the list
who has used it or has some more knowledge.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical Support