[access-uk] Re: digital radio

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:31:07 +0100

Thanks, Steve, I was trying to remember some other organisation that sold the
sonus XT Radio - it was Persula, in the guise of Tape Sense.

http://www.persula.org/

Vince.
      From: Vince Thacker

      Tristram,

      That is one very good idea! Manufacturers can hardly complain if they
market something as a nichje product and then get loser sales figures. Why
can't I buy a Sonus radio at a reasonable price at Comet? As far as I know, I'd
have to go to the R N I B for one - and I have to be in the know to realise
that in the first place. Surely accessible technology, like adapted housing,
could be of benefit to everyone if it's good.

      Vince.
          From: TONY CRETNEY

          This is one of the problems pertaining to anything that has speech
output, whether it be watches radios or anything else.  Having developed it,
you then have to find a market for it.  While such things might well be an
advantage to people like ourselves, the cost of producing something for such a
limited market would be prohibitive.  This surely is a major reason why
adaptive software is so expensive.

          Tony