[access-uk] Re: difinitive answer re TV licensing

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:20:27 -0000

I hope she stood her ground.
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:03 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: difinitive answer re TV licensing

Well my friend had a similar problem in Belfast. She had a receiver but the licencing man insisted that if she was using a mobile phone, which she does, but not for watching TV, then she should have a licence. Following that logjic everyone with a mobjile phone should have to pay a TV licence. I think he was just trying it on with a vulnerable lady. That was him in person so he could see she was blind and that only her lived on the premises and that she had a receiver. Dreadful how people are able to confront blind people in this manner. Surely there must be some sort of trading standards for the licencing company too.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>