[access-uk] difinitive answer re TV licensing

Hi everybody, I've just had the difinitive answer to the question regarding whether or not a licence is required for listening to TV on a set-top box. I've pasted below the response from the TV licensing people.

                   John.
From: Campaign Office
Sent: 15 November 2011 11:42
To: Rai, Sonali
Subject: FW: TV License concession for viewers with sightloss

Sonali,

Thank you for your e-mail. I am very sorry your client has had an issue
with TV Licensing and, of course, we will do whatever we can to help.

You are correct in your belief that in this situation a TV Licence would
not be required and I am sorry that Mr. Coley was advised otherwise.

Following his call to us, can you tell me if his Direct Debit was indeed
cancelled? If not then I will happily speak to our customer services
team to get this actioned. If his Direct Debit has been cancelled then
there is nothing further that he needs to do and he can be rest assured
he is not using his set top box in any way illegally.

I will however make sure that this issue is raised with our customer
service team and request that all staff be reminded of this particular
policy matter.

If you need anything else or have any further questions, please get in
touch.

Regards,

TV Licensing Campaign Office