[access-uk] Re: demo of the tv problems I am having

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 20:58:53 +0100

Will how responsive is the remote control ours is truly hopeless I have to press say number one for bbc1 sometimes seven or eight times for it to work. I am wondering if any other remotes will work with it. it truly is no good I will ring for a replacement remote as if in the menus it takes ages to do something. I will look on how to see if this remote is set correctly but truly it is so much better to go to www.tvcatchup.com on my i-phone and listen to tv. just wonder if anyone else has this difficulty.At 20:45 13/04/2011, you wrote:

I thought the buzzing was very clear and very annoying from the recording. I'd suspect either the output from the box itself is not great quality or, as John mentioned, you have an earthing issue and need to ground the equipment. I'm assuming this was recorded through the TV speakers. Do you have a headphone socket on the TV? If so, do you hear the buzzing? Do you hear the buzzing when playing DVD's or videos through the TV or is it only when you are using the freeview box?

Kevin Lloyd