[access-uk] Re: daisy software players & mp3 files

I think that the Plextalk recording software can speed up the playback of MP3 files. Its a self voicing application which takes a bit of getting used to.
Yusuf
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Green" <STEPHEN.TINA@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 11:05 AM
Subject: [access-uk] daisy software players & mp3 files

now that Calibre are starting to send out talking books in MP3 format, I
wonder if anyone can direct me towards a software player that will speed up
the speech to about twice the rate.

I have ez reader from dolphin, but it will only work with daisy books, not
MP3's.

so is there a software player out there which will play MP3 files at twice
normal speed?

however, before you all reply saying that you can get a plugin for winamp
which will do this, I ought to tell you that I use winamp constantly, and in
order to stop it interfering with the music, I've set jaws verbosity to
almost zero, and it's really a job adjusting the verbosity levels back ,
just so I can listen to the odd talking book.

I'm sure that veteran jaws users will be appalled at this, but rather than
upset my settings, I would rather first look for an alternative solution.

most daisy software players have the facility to speed up the speech, but as
far as I know, none will read straight MP3 files.

any ideas anyone?

steve Green